Tricare Reserve Select
TRICARE Reserve Select (TRS) is a premium-based health plan that qualified National Guard and Reserve members may purchase. TRS, which requires a monthly premium, offers coverage similar to TRICARE Standard and Extra.
Key features of TRS include:
- Available worldwide to most Selected Reserve members (and families) when not on active duty orders or covered under the Transitional Assistance Management Program.
- Must qualify for and purchase TRS to participate.
- Must pay monthly premiums. Failure to pay monthly premiums on time may result in disenrollment and an enrollment lockout.
- Freedom to manage your own health care; no assigned primary care manager.
- Visit any TRICARE-authorized provider or qualified host nation provider (if located overseas).
- Pay fewer out-of-pocket costs when choosing a provider in the TRICARE network.
- Network providers not available overseas.
- No referrals are required, but some care may require prior authorization.
- May have to pay for services when they are received and then seek reimbursement.
- May have to submit health care claims.
- May receive care in a military treatment facility (MTF) on a space-available basis only.
- Offers comprehensive health care coverage including TRICARE's prescription drug coverage.
How TRS Works for You:
To learn more about how TRS works for you, you'll need to enter your profile. Be sure to select "National Guard and Reserve Member (Not Activated)" or "National Guard and Reserve Family Member (Not Activated)" and select "TRICARE Reserve Select" as your health plan. If you've already entered your profile, simply browse through the rest of the site for information about finding a provider, getting care, out-of-pocket costs and so much more.
Questions about eligibility?
If you have questions regarding your TRS eligibility, please contact your National Guard or Reserve Point of Contact. Note that members of the Individual Ready Reserve are usually not eligible for TRS.
Need help with the TRS Request Form?
For technical assistance or to report system problems with access to the TRS Request Form, please call the DMDC Support Center at 1-800-477-8227.